Quick Fixes If You Are Wondering Why Won’t Brother Printer Scan
Printers are essential peripheral components of the computer system, especially if you are that much into paperwork. Modern technology has helped upgrade the systems from basic printing to scanning and sending fax also with just a click of the button. Similar functions can be found now in the Brother printer cum scanner. The Brother printers have always been known for their reliability and functionality scores. However, like all electronic devices, you may also encounter some problems with the Brother printers. The most common issue that surfaces are that the Brother printer won’t scan to the computer.
Although the printer design is quite sleek and saves space, you may face issues with scanning from time to time. Most of the problems appear because of mishandling of the machines. But at times, the Brother printer won’t scan due to its software problems. The issue is persistent if you are using windows 10 as the operating system. However, these glitches may also come to light due to other technical glitches. Whatever be the reason, this article will guide you to find the root cause of the snag and fix it right away. So, you don’t need to wonder why Brother Printers won’t scan to computer but follow the tips to solve the issue.
Reason for Brother printer not scanning?
Well, answering this question is quite tricky but not impossible. So, before we begin to fix Brother printer issues, let us look at the possible aspects as to why Brother printer won’t scan. There are numerous reasons as to why and when these glitches appear. So, let us look at it step by step:
- Check for error when your computer is on – The major reason the Brother printer won’t scan to the computer is when your computer has any active error tab that goes unnoticed. So, even if your machine is on, the scanning or printing function won’t work.
- This brings us to the next prevalent issue regarding the machine itself. Sometimes, absent-mindedly, you may be printing your document or trying to scan any paperwork, but the machine is not powered on. So, check the connection and the printer’s active status on your computer monitor.
- Now you have solved the basic connection issue, but still, your Brother printer won’t scan. This may also occur due to network settings mismatch. We will guide you to fix the issue in the following section.
- Firewall settings also sometimes block the pairing of the printer with the computer. So, this may also be a reason why the scanning is not processing.
So, we have listed the most pragmatic and common issues. And now we will provide you with quick tips on fixing them.
Fixing Brother printer issues
As already mentioned, there is no single reason for this hitch to appear. So, the solutions will also not be the same.
- Make sure that your device is powered on and connected to your computer. You can check the electrical connections from the socket board along with the status LED on the printer. If the power LED is glowing, you are good to go. The next step is to check if your printer is connected to the computer. Finally, check for the LAN connection. If you use a wired connection, you can check on your computer if the connection is established. This can be seen in the network and sharing centre of your desktop. If you are using Wi-Fi, check if the LED on the device keeps blinking. If that’s a yes, then you are good to go. However, if you are still failing to scan, check out the next step.
- So, all your connections are established correctly. Yet you are unable to operate your Brother printer. This calls for inspecting if any error tab is running in the background. Sometimes, it may happen that the computer is blocking connection with the printer due to a previous error. This is why your Brother printer won’t scan to the computer. If any error tab is running, kindly fix that error first. Please note that switching the device off and on won’t fix the problem.
- Even after the above steps are done properly, your Brother printer is not scanning? Then, it is time to check for the network settings. Your device and computer must be in the same IP address range. Otherwise, the printer won’t communicate with the computer and won’t send or receive any files. You can go to the network settings and check the IP address and subnet mask for both the printer and your computer. If you are using Wi-Fi, check for the IP address of the router.
- Another reason that may obstruct communication of the Brother printer is active firewall settings. So, go to the control panel and click on the windows defender firewall. Then, select inbound rules and develop a new rule to allow connecting with Brother printer.
This will solve your problem on why the Brother printer won’t scan. But if the problem is still not gone, you may need to update the drivers for the printer and Windows.