Fix: HP Laptop Won’t Turn on Even When Plugged in?
Congratulations on purchasing your HP laptop. HP makes the best computers in the market. After all, they were the pioneers in computer development. However, your HP computer may not work for certain reasons. The reasons will mostly be technical errors or difficulties. There most probably won’t be a defect in your computer. Instead, it will most likely be an issue with wire connections or an issue with the wi-fi of other wireless connections.
The first thing to check when a printing problem occurs would be to check whether:
- Is your laptop turned on?
- Make sure your battery is not empty before turning it on. If there is no battery left, your computer won’t turn on.
- Sometimes you may have to press the start power button of the laptop for a longer time. After a 3 second hold and release, the laptop will usually start.
The above is just a few of the basic problems you may face while setting up your HP printer. However, if your HP laptop won’t turn on even after checking the above parameters, there may be a specific issue that you might be dealing with. Given below are the most common troubleshooting problems which may occur for new customers.
Why My HP Laptop Won’t Turn On?
There are various issues your laptop could face. Because of that, it may not turn on. Let’s take a look at the possible reasons for this problem:
- The reason for this might be that your laptop has faced a hardware glitch.
- However, the more likely explanation would be that it may have just become inactive due to a sudden loss in power.
- Another reason may be that your laptop has overheated and needed to cool off.
- If you have recently installed powerful software which needs a lot of memory space, the laptop may need some to adjust,
- A probable scenario will be if your laptop has been infected with a virus. In such a case, visit your nearest help center to get rid of the virus and ask them to install an antivirus so that such a situation does not occur in the future.
- The battery of the laptop might be externally damaged, or the power cable may not work anymore. In such a case, you’ll have to get a replacement for the battery. In case there is an issue with the charger, you can buy a replacement charger. Make sure that you use only authorized HP chargers. Otherwise, it may damage your laptop.
How to Fix “HP Laptop Won’t Turn On”:
There may be several reasons why your laptop may face issues. To fix this issue, you can try the following method to make it work again.
1. Make sure that your laptop has shut down completely.
2. Close the lid of your laptop and let it cool if it has been overheated.
3. Disconnect all chargers, USBs, or other devices that have been connected to the laptop. This includes external hard drives as well as HDMI connections or CD drives. This will help stop all the laptop functions.
4. After the laptop has completely cooled down, remove the battery from the laptop.
5. After a few minutes, make sure the battery is cooled and not in an inflated state.
6. Let the laptop remain in a stagnant condition for a while.
7. After a while, reattach the batter to the laptop.
8. Long press the power button to start the laptop.
9. Connect the charger to the laptop on the power switch, and you are ready to go.
If you have tried all of these methods and things still seem unsatisfactory, the issue might be regarding an older version of windows. The laptop may not work anymore as the version you have is old and needs to be updated. You can manually update your windows system to windows 10, or you can visit a help center. To install windows on your laptop, you can follow these steps:
- You can update the system automatically or manually, so chose which method you want to go for.
- For a manual update, you will require a lot of computer skills, time, and patience. Hence most users prefer to go to their nearest help centers to do it for them.
- The process of manual updates is as follows:
- Visit the official websites of HP and windows to download the packages required.
- You will have to install drivers, which will eventually help you to upgrade your version.
- The drivers can be found on the manufacturing company’s webpage.
- Before installing or running the driver programs on your computer, make sure that it is compatible with your device.
- After installing the driver, run it on the laptop. It needs a restart in most cases.
These are most of the issues that you may encounter while using an HP laptop. If you face severe problems during operation, you recommend that you visit a help center or call a helpline to ensure the safety of your device.